PIANOFORTE by John Broadwood and Sons, London, 1844 The property of the Royal Academy of
Music, on permanent loan to the Cobbe Collection Trust.
By 1867 this instrument was in the possession
of Edward Elgars father and uncle who together ran a
piano business in Worcester. Elgar chose it from his fathers
stock for his cottage near Malvern, and he inscribed on the
soundboard names of some of the works he composed on it.