among the thirty-seven instruments at Hatchlands, four are on
permanent loan from the Royal Academy of Music, and a piano
made for King George IV is on loan from H.M. The Queen to The
Concerts are held in the original Music
Room of the house, designed by Sir Reginald Blomfield in 1903,
using instruments from the Collection.
Grand Pianoforte by Erard, Paris, 1845.
Autographed by Thalberg.
Grand Pianoforte by Ignace Pleyel, Paris,
Grand Pianoforte by John Broadwood and
Sons, London, 1847.
Chosen by Fryderyk Chopin for his English recitals.
The property of the
Royal Academy of Music, on permanent loan to The Cobbe Collection
Grand Pianoforte by Steinway, New York,
Upright Piano by Carlo Ducci, Florence,
c. 1880. Borrowed by Franz Liszt when he was in Italy.
Given to The Cobbe Collection Trust by Dr Vernon Harrison
Grand Pianoforte by Pleyel Wolff &
Co., Paris, c. 1889.
Organ by J.W. Walker & Sons Ltd.,
London, 1903. The property of The National Trust